Although we pride ourselves on building websites that work, we aren’t experts on everything (That will come as a surprise to those of you who know us!). If you need a website, look no further! However – we do need something from you. That something is CONTENT. We create the skeleton, but we need your help to put flesh on the bones. Content comes in the form of text, photography, graphic design, video and more.
Let’s start with the text.
- Too much text can be off-putting. Keep it concise. Who are you? What do you do? Where can you be found?
- Don’t use too much “jargon”, visitors to your site will not necessarily be familiar with every aspect of your industry.
- You know your business better than we do, so spend some time planning what you want to say, and we’ll do the rest.
- Put your most important message first; people don’t always stick around to read your whole site!
- Relevance is key! Your imagery should represent what you do and follow the theme of your site.
- Having your own images is best ie photographs or graphics that depict your actual business/venue/people/industry.
- If you decide to go with stock imagery, we will help you to find fresh and (again) relevant imagery
Here at Real Point we offer photography services, and our designers are well versed in creating bespoke imagery and graphics, all of which help to make sure your site is engaging and original.
If you are thinking of having a new website, or want to update your existing site but find design and content a formidable prospect, we’re here to help. We work closely with you on content creation and design to make sure that your site accurately represents your business or brand, and offer a number of services including photography, film, and bespoke imagery to help bring your ideas to life.
If you’d like to talk further with us about content for your site, give us a call on 01676 521 444 or email firstname.lastname@example.org